Re: [K12OSN] XHost

GUI apps should work fine in a VNC session; that's the whole point. Try to figure out why they aren't working. Is it any GUI app that doesn't work? All GUI apps? What happens if you call the app through a terminal session running within VNC? Can you SSH to the host, with ForwardX11 turned on (use a -X with the ssh command) and run GUI apps?

Petre

Joe Korzeniewski wrote:
A while back I noticed that I couldn't open gui apps though vnc. I used the following hack in my /etc/profile to make it work temporarily and then went about my business. Recently, I read in the fl_teachertool doc that it is bad practice to do this. Anybody have a better (more secure) means to the same end? I am using k12ltsp5. This is what I had:

xhost +public ip address
xhost +private ip address