Re: [K12OSN] Fonts printing wrong

Have you tried printing to a Postscript file and then looking at that in a PS viewer? You can do that remotely. If it looks okay there, then it suggests a printer problem. If not, then somethings funny with cups or some other printer setup aspect.

Petre

Shawn Powers wrote:
I have a K12LTSP 5.0 installation, and this morning, I have a printer that is not rendering fonts correctly. Even the cups test page prints "like the fonts are printed with an old dot matrix printer"

To add great difficulty to the situation, I'm not physically onsite, so I can SSH in, or use VNC over my VPN, but I can't look at the printouts. I'm not even sure if other printers are doing it. (not being there really makes troubleshooting rough)

Does this sound remotely familiar to anyone? I tried simple things like restarting the cups service, but that didn't do anything useful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Shawn

--