To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] OT: Consequences of 'net use /home'

So you can use the repertory of-line...

What's that?

Thanks,
Peter

On 3/11/07, Olivier Mugnier <olivier mugnier laposte net> wrote:
So you can use the repertory of-line... and the network is less loaded....

That a new fonctionnality of windows 2000 and XP
You can desactivate it with configurations file
either locally or with the domain's GPO
(Not sure linux domain controller can make GPO)

The other main difference is
Sharing only /home
you can mount /home/myclassroom/studentname on win2000 / XP
whereas win 98 will mount only /home....