Re: [K12OSN] DST Changes?

Dan Young wrote:
Shawn Powers wrote:
I thought my servers were all OK -- but I missed one.  I have a lowly
ol' FC1 box, and there appears to be no tzdata update.  I did get one
that someone had compiled, and now the tzdata is correct, but is there
anyway short of a reboot to get the system to "look again" at the tzdata
and change the clock?  I don't know what process might manage that...

Run 'system-config-date'

That will copy the correct new zone data file to /etc/localtime which is used as the default for things that don't export their own TZ setting. You'll also need to restart any long-running programs that care about local time. Logging in and out will fix the desktop display. Restart cron with 'service crond restart'.

--
 Les Mikesell
  les futuresource com