Re: [K12OSN] DST Changes?

Shawn,

I had a similar problem with a RHEL3 machine. I installed the tzdata package, and the zdump command shown below worked, but the date still didn't show right after the DST switch over on sunday.

I found the problem was the /etc/localtime

On some systems its a file that contains timezone info. On other systems it's a symlink to a file (in my case /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST5EDT).

when you run a command that gets the current time, like the 'date' command, it looks at /etc/localtime. if that file or link isn't correct, it'll still report the wrong time.

So, either you need to re-point that symlink at the correct zoneinfo file, or you need to copy the correct zoneinfo file on top of it.

save a copy of the original file tho. And, there should be no problem doing this while the system is running.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Shawn Powers wrote:
I thought my servers were all OK -- but I missed one. I have a lowly ol' FC1 box, and there appears to be no tzdata update. I did get one that someone had compiled, and now the tzdata is correct, but is there anyway short of a reboot to get the system to "look again" at the tzdata and change the clock? I don't know what process might manage that...

Thanks for any insight,
-Shawn