[K12OSN] OT: Required use of IE by State DOE

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:31:41 UTC 2007

I had written a lengthy description of the Charter vs Public school issues
in Delaware, but suffice it to say that it is 'highly charged'. (even though
charter schools are public schools) which is why I can't get too aggressive
(again, only a parent volunteer and don't want to jeopardize anything that
the school is doing.  we open a k-4 extension this fall with full day
kindergarten which will make the school k-8).

The example from David Trask about  Maine makes a very nice option since it
shows a proper re-evaluation and subsequent implementation. (Thanks David
for the info)

The DOE already bills us for A/V per 'computer' in the school.  Last year we
deliberately did not count any thin clients which upset them because it
means the student/computer ratio for our school looks very low to them.  I
have the Win2k3 boxes and TSCALS already.  Still, very good idea to price
out and see if the implementation will require upgrades not only for our
school but other schools as well.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins