Re: [K12OSN] OT: Required use of IE by State DOE

I had written a lengthy description of the Charter vs Public school issues in Delaware, but suffice it to say that it is 'highly charged'. (even though charter schools are public schools) which is why I can't get too aggressive (again, only a parent volunteer and don't want to jeopardize anything that the school is doing.  we open a k-4 extension this fall with full day kindergarten which will make the school k-8).

The example from David Trask about  Maine makes a very nice option since it shows a proper re-evaluation and subsequent implementation. (Thanks David for the info)

The DOE already bills us for A/V per 'computer' in the school.  Last year we deliberately did not count any thin clients which upset them because it means the student/computer ratio for our school looks very low to them.  I have the Win2k3 boxes and TSCALS already.  Still, very good idea to price out and see if the implementation will require upgrades not only for our school but other schools as well.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins