Re: [K12OSN] securing wine

On 16/03/07, Rob Owens <rowens ptd net> wrote:
Looks like I may be installing LTSP in an engineering office, but it
means that using wine is going to be required for some legacy software.
I'm trying to find a way to restrict what programs wine can run--I only
want it to run the engineering software, and not any old .exe that
someone downloads.  Right now, downloading a windows executable gets me
the option of "save to disk" or "run with wine".  I don't want the "run
with wine" option, and I don't want users to be able to double-click on
an exe.

Any suggestions?

Shooting in the dark - Allowing wine under chroot? Or under sudo with
sudoers file contaning line for some group allowed to run a specific
wine command? Or not telling users that they are going to run wine but
run it through a script that presents them with menu of applications?

HTH
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar