Re: [K12OSN] Fastest file sharing method?

Daniel Bodanske wrote:

I am going to ask the knowledgeable  members of this list ... If I
have a choice of file sharing methods over my closed network (SMB,
NFS, SSHFS, etc.), which provides the fastest large-file transfers?

I have been using SMB because it was convenient, but I am finding the
transfers seem slow, even when mounted on the file system with CIFS.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Not really a file sharing method maybe, but I you want to transfer a large file over a network connection really fast, I'd just pipe it through netcat [0]. I'm guessing that since SSHFS encrypts, it's not going to be the fastest...

Nils Breunese.

[0] http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=05/11/07/182200