Re: [K12OSN] Re: Kids shutting down Ubuntu LTSP server...how to prevent

On 16/03/07, Meelis <meelis nlib ee> wrote:
You should look at the gdm and kdm configuration files. There should be a
special parameter that defines how the shutdown can be done.
For example in my server these is set that only root can do a shutdown and
hybernate and other stuff like that. For now this seems to work just fine :)
Clients can see the shutdown choice on login screen but to shut down they
need to enter root password :)

You can withdraw action menu from gdm by going into login manager but
kids will find a way out by runnig shutdown commend from terminal and
hence my "straight to root cause" solution.
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar