[K12OSN] Me again :-) how do I globally remove icons from the desktop

I want to run a command to globally remove the "Computer" icon from all users desktops
to simplify things.  How do I do that?  Also I need to set the new default as well for
this so that new users only get the icons I want them to.  I imagine new users default
icons are controlled with files from /etc/skel, but what do I need to do to set this up.

Thanks again
Jim