Re: [K12OSN] Me again :-) how do I globally remove icons from the desktop

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
I want to run a command to globally remove the "Computer" icon from all users desktops
to simplify things.  How do I do that?  Also I need to set the new default as well for
this so that new users only get the icons I want them to.  I imagine new users default
icons are controlled with files from /etc/skel, but what do I need to do to set this up.

Thanks again
Jim

Take a look Jim,

my ChangePassword Icon
[root ltsp Desktop]# cat ChangePassword
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
#BELOW IS THE COMMAND TO RUN
Exec=passwd
TryExec=
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-gmush.png
X-GNOME-DocPath=
Terminal=true
Name[en_US]=ChangePassword
GenericName[en_US]=
Comment[en_US]=

and the FloppyAccess

cd /etc/sk[root ltsp root]# cd /etc/skel
[root ltsp skel]# ls
Desktop
[root ltsp skel]# cd Desktop/
[root ltsp Desktop]# ls
ChangePassword  FloppyAccess
[root ltsp Desktop]# cat FloppyAccess
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Floppy access
Comment=Floppy access
Name=Floppy access
Comment=Floppy access
#BELOW IS THE COMMAND TO RUN
Exec=MToolsFM
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-folder.png
Terminal=false
MultipleArgs=false
Type=Application

Just make sure the files in /etc/skel/Desktop are the only files
you want them to have by DEFAULT..they can of course add their own
to do whatever their creative hearts desire after logging in.