Re: [K12OSN] Updated Greatest Hits LiveCD

I'll look for the rogue space; thanks for spotting that.

As to the menus, that's heavily influenced by the KDE Edu project which provides a lot of those apps. It isn't necessarily difficult to change, but it means redoing the work of people upstream, which can turn into a maintenance headache. In this first attempt, I was shooting mostly to replicate what is in K12LTSP by adding whatever was missing from Edubuntu and removing anything that wasn't in K12LTSP. If Edubuntu already had the app, I didn't worry too much about whether it was under Edutainment or Games. Since the point of the live CD is to allow teachers et al to explore the educational apps that come with K12LTSP, I plan to just try to mirror that.

Petre

Rob Owens wrote:
Petre,

I ran version 0.2 of the live cd and have a small correction for you.
On the intro screen (the browser window), on of the sentences ends like
this . (a space and then a period).

Another comment, which pertains not only to your live cd, but to most
distros I've tried, is that the distinction between "games" and
"education" or "edutainment" is very blurry.  Some things that I think
should be classified as education are in the games menu, and vice versa.
Does anyone think this needs more attention in the K12LTSP distro and/or
the live cd?  And is it easy to change?

-Rob