Re: [K12OSN] via vt1612 audio driver

Barry-
Do you have the sound driver for SiS7019? I found the page on the wiki, but I'm a bit confused about compiling it; for the kernel version, do I reference the server's kernel or the client's? It seems to me it would be the latter since it's the client that loads the module. In which case, don't I need the header files for the LTSP kernel? Obviously, I'm misunderstanding something here.

Petre

Barry Cisna wrote:
Hi Petre,

After some searching , come to find out this new client actually needed
the SIS 7019 audio driver which i was able to dig up a how to at ltsp
wiki. I had to compile the actual driver for this sound card(chip) for my
kernel then drop it ,into the ltsp/sound/driver tree add the SMODULE_01 =
sis7019 to the lts.conf for this client,and it works like a charm. I was
just "assuming" i needed the vt1612 driver ,due to the fact that in the
machine's bios it says that the vt1612 is the audio codec used. This is
the mini-itx board that has the SIS550 chipset,but has a via(vt1612) audio
chip. Kinda confusing..
If by chance anyone else has one of these,boards go to ltsp wiki,for the
source to compile the sound module for whatever version/kernel you are
using for K12ltsp. I can help as well if someone would need it. Thanks for
the feedback Petre..
Have a happy new year everyone !

Barry Cisna