Re: [K12OSN] Me again :-) how do I globally remove icons from the desktop

> If you run /etc/profile.d/check_desktop_links.sh from a command line,
> are the links created?

Don't know, I just made the change from ${HOME} to using a ~ and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.  I found everything I needed to changed defaults with gconf-editor as
well, I just needed to reboot for things to start taking effect.