Re: [K12OSN] SATA RAID recommendation for /home server.

OK. This does seem to be the best option.
I just have a few questions.
1. Once I add the gigabitLan card and the SATA2 Card won't that
saturate the PCI bus?
2. Should I keep /home on its on array (raid 1) and put / on an ata
drive? I thought that this way if I need to move to another system I
can keep /home intact. Would having  / on an ata  drive affect
performance much? Or am I better off just putting /home in its own
partion on the same drive as /home?

Thanks.
Krsnendu dasa

On 17/03/07, Steven Santos <steven simplycircus com> wrote:
> 1. Run the Athlon machines in parallel as LTSP servers and get an SATA
> RAID card for the Duron to run /home from. Duron would be ldap PDC,
> Athlons would be ldap BDCs.

I think this sounds like your best current option.

  _____

Steven Santos
Director, Simply Circus, Inc.
Email: Steven SimplyCircus com