Re: [K12OSN] Recommendation Needed

You can get a cheap TrendNet switch with 24 100Mb ports + 2 1Gb ports for ~$95 at NewEgg.com.

Petre

Pete Horm wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am trying to decide what is the best route to take with the switch that I am going to connect the server and clients to. From reading many of the posts, gigabit is recommended for the server. I unfortunately don't have any gigabit switches. I do have a cisco 3500 spare switch. In looking for cheap gig switches, there are a few for around 300.00, but they are low end stuff. I might be able to scrape a few coins together to buy one of these for the school district with what is left in the budget. In your experience, which way would you recommend? Thanks so much!

pete