Re: [K12OSN] 100Mbit switch vs. 100Mbit hub

On 3/19/07, Rob Owens <rowens ptd net> wrote:
Thanks Olivier and Les.  I didn't know about the need for the receiver
to constantly send acknowlegments.

An example:
When I first implemented k12ltsp I was using a hub for 30 clients. The
collision LED on the hub would blink so fast that it was basically on
all the time. Amazingly, clients still worked, slowly. We really saw
how slow after we got a gigabit uplink switch. Hubs make ltsp look
bad.

--
Robert Arkiletian