[K12OSN] LTSP Audio

Michael mparic at compbizsolutions.com
Tue Mar 20 16:24:37 UTC 2007

No, this is sound in general - have not tried to tackle Flash until
the system sound is stable. I can sometimes restart the sound (even
though the artsd daemon is already running) by going to (in KDE)
Control Center > Sound & Multimedia > Sound System then disabling/
applying/re-enabling the Sound System then power-cycling the thin
client. Then I log in, get the KDE intro music and all other system
sounds. I even get audio from the Windows server when I log into it
via rdesktop. Log into a different thin client, works fine. Log out,
log back in, nothing. No system sounds, no Windows sound, and nothing
changed to the Sound Server. I'm using KDE because the kiosk tool
allows for good profile and security management (Sabayon on Gnome
continuously crashed on me), however if Gnome has better sound
support I will change them over to that and find another profile
management tool. Thanks for everyone's help.