[K12OSN] How do you setup clients so they print to different default printers?

wilson at wilsonch.gotdns.com wilson at wilsonch.gotdns.com
Wed Mar 21 01:49:55 UTC 2007

> You'll have to assign specific addresses to the clients in
> /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf.
> Then you can control the default printer based on the workstation name or
> address.  For
> example, you could create the following script, call it set_printer.sh,
> and put it in
> /etc/profile.d.
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # Set default printer based on which workstation is being used
> ws=$(echo $LTSP_CLIENT|cut -d. -f1)
> case $ws in
>    ws001 ) lpoptions -d library_printer ;;
>    ws002 ) lpoptions -d library_printer ;;
>    # and so on for the library workstations
>    # now assign printers for the lab workstations
>    ws013 ) lpoptions -d lab_printer ;;
>    ws014 ) lpoptions -d lab_printer ;;
>    # and so on
> esac
>
> ### End of script
>
> HTH
>
> Petre

The script above looks good but is it okay to just create a .lpoptions in
each user's home directory for the library computers
(/home/library#/.lpoptions) and add this in? Will it work?

/home/library#/.lpoptions
Default LTSPLibrary-Dell1710n scp-fc5=true

/etc/cups/lpoptions (LTSP SERVER)
Default LTSPLab-Dell1710n scp-fc5=true
Dest LTSPLibrary-Dell1710n scp-fc5=true

-Wilson