Re: [K12OSN] chroot

xmechanic wrote:

Thank you for your replys. The way the file system was laid out, I was under the impression that the users would be chrooted into the /opt/ltsp/i386 directory. I'm still a little hazy on the concept of why a terminal user would be able to move to directorys above /opt/ltsp/i386, since that's the only directory that's 'exported', besides the r/o fonts directorys in /usr/** & the swap files Also, in the issue with version 6.0 not working, I tried disabling SElinux and when I did, it evidently broke something, because the system then took like 15 minutes to boot after that. I know files need to be relabeled on reboot, but this was every reboot thereafter, so I finally sidelined it and eventually re-installed the system with Ver. 5.0. I would still like to know if there is an easy way to chroot a user to his/her directory, yet still be able to access all programs, etc. Thanks again for your help!

No, you can't chroot and still execute programs you can't access. Is there some reason you want a chroot environment? Multiuser unix systems have worked this way for decades even in hostile environments like schools without many problems.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com