Re: [K12OSN] K12LSTP 7

Eric is a pimp and kinda bundles everything up into a nice dvd/cd-set of .iso's for us to download.

then we try and pound on it for a bit in Beta or RC1or2...and then he tweaks it a bit more and produces a final release.

Unfortunately it's not a perfect world and different schools start at different times so it doesn't always get released before school starts for everyone, and we get to either implement it mid-year or wait until summer ;) (that's mainly the Fedora Core releases though, the EL releases are much less frequent)

--Huck

Mel Wade wrote:
This looks like its worth perusing. I see the CentOS info at CentOS.org, but I don't see any K12LTSP information... How does this work?

On 3/21/07, *Henry Hartley * <henryhartley westat com <mailto:henryhartley westat com>> wrote:

    Mel Wade  wrote:

     >> Where can I find form information on the 5.0EL version and what
     >> will be in it?  I've Googled and looked on k12LSTP.org and have
     >> not found anything...

    The EL versions are based on CentOS so you probably can find out most of
    what you want by looking at the CentOS site (www.centos.org
    <http://www.centos.org>).  There is
    a note on the main page about the version 5 beta.

    CentOS 5 is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 which in turn is based
    on Fedora Core 6.

    --
    Henry

Mel Wade