[K12OSN] bootp, imac, and k12ltsp server

i have a k12ltsp server that thin clients can currently log into.  i want to turn our old imac g3's into thin clients too.  I noticed that there is an option in network settings (system settings macos 10.3.9) that says bootp.  Also there is an option to boot from the network.  Do i have to have a hd in the imac to boot from the network?  what do i have to do on the server side to support the imac's.  anything special that i should do on the imac side?  i am new to this imac's as thin clients.  Aaron