[K12OSN] American Idol & K12LTSP

Kevin kevin at twofoos.com
Thu Mar 22 19:12:17 UTC 2007

Alan, I had to do something similar with a ltsp installation at our
transportation department.  We use an in-house developed route
management and logging web application but the administration of the
trans dept wanted the drivers to be able to access ONLY that.

I built the standard k12ltsp install, configured 4 terminals for
autologin based on MAC address and set the user desktop to fluxbox.  I
edited the fluxbox menu to do exactly what you are requesting.  Firefox
auto-launches on login.  If it is closed they can right-click the
desktop and have two choices; relaunch FF or logout.

Works for us.

Kevin Lisowski
Linux/LTSP Admin
Bethel School District