Re: [K12OSN] Desktop Manager choices

You can set KDE to be the default desktop by adding this to /etc/sysconfig/desktop:

DESKTOP="KDE"

To eliminate Gnome and IceWM from the Sessions menu at the login screen, see this page on the wiki:

http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/How_to_edit_the_Session_menu_that_appears_on_the_client_login_screen

Petre

Steve Krause wrote:
We are trying to deply a k12ltsp lab for a classroom.  I have it almost
all configured.  It is integrated into our AD network for authenticating
domain users and accessing home directories.  We are looking at using
the KDE Kiosk tool to manage the look and feel of the thin clients.  My
problem is, how do I limit the students to only having KDE availible for
a desktop manager?  At least I would like to make it the default instead
of Gnome for new logins.  Thanks for your help!

Steve Krause, CNE
Network Manager
Deer Park School District #414
Deer Park, WA