Re: [K12OSN] Virtual IP Addresses

As per our conversation if you utilize packet filtering via a proxy and have each user authenticate at the proxy level you can track those issues on a per user level rather than a per-machine level.

--Huck

Mel Wade wrote:
Citrix has introduced this technology in their latest version:

Network addresses—Virtual IP addressing enables the use of applications that need a unique network address for each instance in order to be compatible with the virtualized application environment.
http://www.citrix.com/English/ms/top.asp?contentID=25958

This is different than the browser running on the client.

What Dan suggests sound right. Would different applications use these addresses?

This is really important for content filtering applications where authentication is involved. We are planning on expanding our system to 3 K12LTSP servers and 225 clients this summer. I really need to be able have users authenticate on a third party system to track internet rights and usage system wide.

--
Mel Wade
http://www.melwade.com