[K12OSN] How to access Gnome-mounted servers?

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Fri Mar 23 18:31:42 UTC 2007

Dan Young wrote:
> Peter Scheie wrote:
>> We put users' public ssh keys onto cat so no password was needed.  Then
>> we just put an icon on the desktop that calls the script.  I imagine the
>> wdfs would work similarly.
>
> How would you handle authentication? Looks like you'd have to pass in a
> password either interactively or as an arg to wdfs.

With afpfs-ng, which I mentioned the other day, the user does need to supply a PW, so we
prompt the user for it and pass it as a parameter to afp_client.  (Full disclosure: we
haven't implemented afpfs-ng yet, just started working with it, but are shooting for
putting it into production in the fall.)  Looking at wdfs's options, it looks like you
can do something like

-o username=$id -o password=$pw

when you call wdfs.