Re: [K12OSN] How to access Gnome-mounted servers?

Dan Young wrote:
Peter Scheie wrote:
We put users' public ssh keys onto cat so no password was needed.  Then
we just put an icon on the desktop that calls the script.  I imagine the
wdfs would work similarly.

How would you handle authentication? Looks like you'd have to pass in a
password either interactively or as an arg to wdfs.

With afpfs-ng, which I mentioned the other day, the user does need to supply a PW, so we prompt the user for it and pass it as a parameter to afp_client. (Full disclosure: we haven't implemented afpfs-ng yet, just started working with it, but are shooting for putting it into production in the fall.) Looking at wdfs's options, it looks like you can do something like

-o username=$id -o password=$pw

when you call wdfs.