Re: [K12OSN] PXE Files missing in Version 6

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
On 3/23/07, Peter Scheie <peter scheie homedns org> wrote:

> I've got one other question. The box I'm working on has an on-board
> Gigabit NIC and I added a 3Com 10/100 NIC. I would like for the on-board
> nic to be eth0 and serve the terminals and the 3Com to be eth1 and
> connect to our lan. But, when I installed the OS, it defaulted the other
> way. Is there a fairly simple way to switch them?

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ you'll find ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1. In each of those you can specify the MAC address of the card you want the script to control. The
syntax is

HWADDR=00:08:54:4F:49:1D

Adjust the above address to fit your cards, and use the respective address for each card.

Thanks Petre,
I had thought about this problem before. If you have verified that
this does work, I think it would be a prime item for the wiki.

Yes, this does work, as I've used it on more than one occasion.  I've added it to the wiki.

Petre