*From:* k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com] *On Behalf Of *"Terrell Prudé Jr."
*Sent:* Monday, March 26, 2007 10:47 AM
*To:* Support list for open source software in schools.
*Subject:* [K12OSN] SafeDesk and LTSP

Hello Joshua,

I haven't myself used companies like "SafeDesk" before. But do understand that K12LTSP already *is* a turnkey (or should I say "turndisc"? :-) ) solution. That's actually the point of K12LTSP; Eric Harrison takes Fedora Core or CentOS, adds the LTSP bits, and throws in a bunch of educational apps. It's a complete, self-contained distribution. When you're done clicking through the installation, boom, you have a working educational LTSP setup.

--TP
_______________________________
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus protection!

Joshua Sommermeyer wrote:
Greetings!

I have been lurking for some time but have finally downloaded and burned
my set of K12LTSP disks... I am planning a 2 lab installation for next
year and am also talking to a company called "SafeDesk" they offer a
turnkey solution (at a cost) with support and such.  Have any of you had
experience with SafeDesk or other 3rd party vendors that package LTSP
and sell their services to schools?

Thanks!

Joshua D. Sommermeyer
Assistant Principal - Technology Director
Concordia Lutheran High School
(o) 281.351.2547
(f) 281.255.8806
www.concordiacrusaders.org
sommermeyerj concordiacrusaders org
+++The Mission of Concordia Lutheran High School is to Build Lives of
Excellence upon the Foundation of Christ. +++