Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:26:11 -0700
From: Roger <roger in eugene gmail com>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Filtering OT
To: "Support list for open source software in schools."
	<k12osn redhat com>

On 3/27/07, Mel Wade <mel melwade com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to successfully block https://www.proxify.com   Any
> ideas?

Good luck.
here are more you should block:
thevenue.net/anon/nph-proxy.cgi
atunnel.com
btunnel.com
ztunnel.com
heck, probaby *tunnel.com

If you're using squid, try looking through the log files.  Look for
'proxy' 'tunnel' 'anonymous' for sites the students get to.
What about 'legit' sites, take a look at:
http://www.AllAboutAbe.com/
click on the 'abe' pic in the upper left.
there are literally thousands of sites out there for bypassing proxy
servers.  Every once in a while, I'll browse the logs and add a dozen
to the list of sites being blocked.
That first one with nph-proxy.cgi, if you google that, there's a site
where that software is being distributed.  Quite a few people use the
default names, so blockin nph-proxy.cgi in the URL would cover all of
those.  There's one site, oregonlive.com that for some reason uses
that software.