Re: [K12OSN] USB Drives

Title: USB Drives
Joshua, try this:

**************************************
Here’s how to get USB sticks in K12LTSP 5.0

Add the following line to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf in the [DEFAULT] section
            HOTPLUG = Y

The high speed USB driver in this distribution has problems.  To prevent the module from loading modify /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.sysinit and change the following line from:
for MODULE in ehci-hcd uhci-hcd ohci-hcd; do

for MODULE in uhci-hcd ohci-hcd; do

Now when a USB stick is plugged in it will appear on the client desktop.

*************************************

Hope it resolves your problem, it did it for me.

Sam Villamizar
Village Adventist Elementary School
www.vaes.org

Joshua Sommermeyer <sommermeyerj concordiacrusaders org> wrote:

My keychain drive is not working on the terminals... it works on the server...

I tried
putting my test user in the fuse group
adding HOT PLUG = Y into the lts.conf file
different USB drives
different USB Ports
adding the user "god" and putting him in the "root" group... which I thought gave him "admin style" access... I could be wrong there...

suggestions?