[K12OSN] USB Drives

Samuel Villamizar samvillauel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 20:41:05 UTC 2007

Joshua, try this:

**************************************
Here’s how to get USB  sticks in K12LTSP 5.0

 Add the following line  to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf in the [DEFAULT]  section
              HOTPLUG = Y

 The high speed USB  driver in this distribution has problems.  To prevent the module from  loading modify /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.sysinit and change the following line  from:
 for MODULE in ehci-hcd  uhci-hcd ohci-hcd; do

 for MODULE in uhci-hcd  ohci-hcd; do

 Now when a USB stick is  plugged in it will appear on the client desktop.

 *************************************

Hope it resolves your problem, it did it for me.

Sam Villamizar
Village Adventist Elementary School
www.vaes.org

Joshua Sommermeyer <sommermeyerj at concordiacrusaders.org> wrote:     USB Drives
  My keychain drive is not working on the terminals... it works on the server...

 I tried
 putting my test user in the fuse group
 adding HOT PLUG = Y into the lts.conf file
 different USB drives
 different USB Ports
 adding the user "god" and putting him in the "root" group... which I thought gave him "admin style" access... I could be wrong there...

 suggestions?
For more info see