Re: [K12OSN] Database access in open office

OpenOffice.org's Base is similar to MS's Access in that it doesn't
require any special permissions to run. The user needs read/write
permission on the database file to open a particular database, though.
If the user connects to a networked database such as mysql, then the
program needs to be set up to point to the database and
accesscredentials need to be supplied to connect.

Does that answer your question?

Dan