Re: [K12OSN] Mac G3 clients

Another suggestion is to look around for a company wanting to dump some Dell OptiPlex GX1's.  They're old, and corporations that have them are dying to get rid of them, so you probably could get them for free.  They also PXE-boot quite nicely, though a BIOS flash sometimes is needed.  Then, you could spend, say, $100 a pop for a decent LCD screen.  Much easier to read, and much easier on the kids' eyes.

--TP
Do you GNU!?

Shawn Maggard wrote:
Hmm, I agree with you on that. The only reason I would consider doing this is if I could get them all from one spot and know for sure that $60 per machine is a done deal - $60 per client with good, working monitor - no more no less.

Does anyone know of any good computer wholesalers? (real ones that need a tax id/reseller permit)

Thanks!