[K12OSN] Intel PXE 0.99b ltsp booting

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Sat Mar 31 13:40:02 UTC 2007

Vince,

Intel has updated firmware for alot of their cards on their website.

It's pretty simple to update, but you do need to boot under DOS to do it.

That should give you the ability to use the longer blksize for tftpd,
which '-r blksize' disables.  The end result will be a slightly faster
download of the kernel and initramfs.

It's also possible to replace the PXE code with Etherboot. Those who
use non-standard dhcp ports might like to do that.  The Etherboot docs
explain how to flash the Intel nics with the Etherboot code.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org