[K12OSN] OT - Web based appliance

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Tue May 1 02:00:27 UTC 2007

Yes, I currently use UltraVNC which is the preferred way to use VNC in
that situation.  I use that for support issues.  No, STI isn't a web
application.  It is a client server application that has to run on a
windoze box...  I think that Tarantella will do what I am trying to
accomplish.  I am trying to get to the point where all of my apps are
served up in a web interface.  Due to extreme cost, I don't want to go
the M$ Terminal/Citrix way.  I am not that familiar with FreeNX, but I
will check it out.  Should I also be looking at possiby running a VM so
that I could run Windoze apps on my K12LTSP box that will be accessible
by the thin clients ???

Just trying to get to the point where I can roll out thin clients every
(mostly) where.

Thanks,

Ron

Ronald R. McDaniel