[K12OSN] Firefox crashes

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Thu May 3 13:55:14 UTC 2007

I start the machine with the i810 xserver and no 'videoram' directive. At the login screen, I switch to vt2, run free, and I get the following:

Mem total:  254980   used: 42812   free: 212168

So, I put 207195 (212168/1024) in the X_VIDEORAM line. (It doesn't like the M). Now, when loading pages such as overstock or amazon, where there are lots of images, I get a full-on xserver crash and the terminal is locked, showing the "press <enter> to continue" message at the console screen, though pressing enter has no effect.

Any other suggestions? I wouldn't be so worried, but I have 10 or 15 of these GX110s.

Thanks,
  Michael