[K12OSN] smbldap slow login

P Nakashima pnakashi at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 22:12:08 UTC 2007

Randall Swift <swift at msad52.org> wrote:>In the past few weeks, the time it takes
>for a user to login and see a desktop has increased steadily.
>--Peter

Are you using roaming profiles? Your profiles will get larger and larger
over time especially if people are saving everything to "my documents" and it will slow the login down.
We are using roaming profiles. In a thin client environment, is there an alternative? I'd be interested in finding out how others are getting around the slowness problem. Is the solution simply more bandwidth and/or more server speed? Our smbldap server is on a 100Mbps port. When we first started a few months ago, all was fine and relatively quick. If things steadily get worse, it will soon be unusable.
--Peter