[K12OSN] yum update and etc/k12ltsp-release

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Fri May 4 16:57:46 UTC 2007

Background: Running k12ltsp since February 2001 running K12LTSP release
4.2.1EL-1 for 2 years.
It's been rock solid with 150 terminals hanging off of 2 servers though
I don't believe we have ever had 150 concurrent users.

Time for an upgrade. I loaded at edubuntu a couple of months back and we
might go that route but I figured I would take a look at k12ltsp Ver 6
first since that is what I am more familliar with.

Here is my embarrasingly simple question.  I loaded ver 5 then ran yum
update. But etc/k12ltsp-release still reflects ver 5.x  If I am now
runnning Ver 6 what would be the best way to determine the version under
these circumstances?

Thanks,
John