[K12OSN] Fwd: of interest regarding ICT use in schools

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Mon May 7 00:37:48 UTC 2007

Two comments:

1)  Much of the complaints in this article had to do with cost,
maintenance, and "technical glitches" (my gues is that means virus
problems).  LTSP cures a lot of this.

2)  They are judging student performance based on standardized test
scores, which I've always thought was a poor indicator of anything
except a student's ability to do well on standardized tests.

-Rob