[K12OSN] System76

Paul VanGundy Paul.Vangundy at webex.com
Mon May 7 19:48:38 UTC 2007

Tim,

I'm not quite sure why you would rather spend more money because an
institution sells only Linux machines. I no nothing of System76 but I
can tell you that they are, after all, a company that is out for a
profit just as much as Dell, HP or IBM. I would look at purchasing a
laptop of your choice and putting your preferred distro on it. For
example, if you want to buy a Dell laptop with Winders on it then ask
for the $50 rebate and install your favorite flavor of Linux. You paying
an extra penny to System76 isn't supporting the community, it's you
paying more.  Just my two cents.

/paul

Paul VanGundy
Linux Systems Administrator