[K12OSN] System76

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon May 7 20:50:44 UTC 2007

Not yet, you can't.  Dell hasn't made them available for sale *yet*.
Let's not jump the gun here.

That said, I run GNU/Linux on a C640 (CentOS 4), a D600 (Ubuntu Edgy), a
D610 (Slackware 11), and a D820 Core Duo (Ubuntu Feisty, 64-bit).  The
only thing that doesn't work is the built-in Winmodem, which,
fortunately, I don't use anyway.  Of course, there is the issue of
Broadcom wireless with the D600 and D610, but I got that working just
fine with a 2.6.17-and-later kernel and some firmware.

CAVEAT!!  If you want to max out the DRAM with a Dell laptop, be careful
to buy only 3GB of DRAM, not 4GB.  We found out the hard way, with the
D820, that you lose 768MB if you try installing the full 4GB, leaving
only 3.25GB.  Dell does *not* tell you this anywhere on their Web site.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!