[K12OSN] Another M$ Innovation to compete with FOSS

Shawn Maggard maggardcomputing at gmail.com
Tue May 8 17:19:49 UTC 2007

split the screen?? are they stupid!?  Ok, so your privacy goes out the
window and you are using a screen that is the normal height but only 1/2 the
normal width, and the two users are butting heads all the time.  The Linux
multihead approach seems MUCH more efficient; you are creating actual
computer seats, not sharing workstations. ok my M$ rant is over.. :D

On 5/7/07, Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/7/07, Carl Keil <carl at snarlnet.com> wrote:
> > Is this a joke?
> >

> http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/05/04/splitscreen_tec.html?category=technology&guid=20070420091530
> >

> Linux has had a similar concept for a while
> http://linuxgazette.net/124/smith.html
> http://userful.com
>
> M$ is just playing catch up. Splitting the screen seems kind of
> stupid. Two separate screens would be much more useful.
>
> --
> Robert Arkiletian
> Eric Hamber Secondary, Vancouver, Canada
> Fl_TeacherTool http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/
> C++ GUI tutorial http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/

Shawn Maggard
Maggard Computing