[K12OSN] Windows Apps in Linux

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Fri May 11 02:45:00 UTC 2007

Cody,

You should check out the latest Codeweavers Crossover office. I bought
this for school a couple years ago and works pretty well.
Also on k12ltsp v 5.0 or newer the wine rpm's that default with these work
very well nowadays as well.
What windows apps are you wanting to run via Linux?
The key to running windows apps with wine,, if you are wanting to have all
users access is to make a "wine" directory then copy all the install
wine/windows apps to this directory,,,then make a launcher as root then
push to desktop for all users( if this is what you are wanting)..
I've never tried Win4lin.. so cnt say about this one

Let us know

Barry Cisna