[K12OSN] Which .NET for Linux - Windows Apps in Linux

Kemp, Levi lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Fri May 11 03:40:56 UTC 2007

I didn't want to change the topic so I started a new thread but, I know from recent experiance that Reading Counts, Scholastic Reading Inventory and Management Suite won't work with Wine or Crossover. We went with RDesktop for those, and then Seamless RDP as well. It was working nice, then I did some research on the software itself and discovered Renaissance Place. It's a web version of Accelerated Reader, all you need is Java, Flash, and .Net. My question is which .NET would any of you reccomend? DOTGNU or MONO, I don't see a difference. I'm really happy I convinced the new librarian to switch to this next year, now I need to make it work. All three schools will be using one app (finally), which means one server for me, and multiplatform use. Going to be a long summer, the reading app will need a web server, the library app is becoming a web app, and the student information is becoming a web app. Seems like the only thing students and teachers will run local might be office suite software. Yea central management!

Levi