[K12OSN] v6, ESD, ALSA

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Mon May 14 15:02:24 UTC 2007

So my upgrade to v6 went well. I had to uninstall/reinstall OOo (and got
down to just x86_64 from that and i386), and also had to uninstall
FF.x86_64, as it had snuck in. However, I'm having some issues with sound.

Through perseverance and much head-banging I have everything working
through ESD except totem-xine. After being stuck there for a long time,
I tried to fix this and a/v sync issues in flash by using Gideon Romm's
package at
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2
- Unfortunately, I now have no sound in any program, using ESD or ALSA.

My sound cards are being found by the kernel properly, as lspci -vv
correctly shows all details. I found a thread in January where Caleb
Wagnon was describing a similar problem, but the thread just ends
(http://www.redhat.ru/archives/k12osn/2007-January/msg00502.html). Any
suggestions here?

Thanks,
   -Michael