[K12OSN] local devices - PCMCIA

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Wed May 16 23:36:09 UTC 2007

Read http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev
and follow the link to the doc on ltspfs.

Why do your users want to use the local drives for storage?  The whole
point of thin clients is that everything is stored on the server so the
admin (you) only have to worry about one machine, and the users can
login on any client and have their files be present.  The Windows/Mac
"everyone has a full computer system" paradigm is a terrible
architecture in this respect, wasteful, and expensive.  What is it the
users think using the local disk will do for them?

Peter