[K12OSN] can't get sound on Dell GX1's using K12LTSP v 5

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Thu May 17 04:22:32 UTC 2007

I found the below post when trying to get sound working on my GX1.

the following line worked for me:

## Dell GX1
[00:C0:4f:13:5e:2c]
	SMODULE_01="cs4232 io=0x534 irq=5 dma=1"

however, more importantly, this is the missing link - in later versions
of K12LTSP (I'm on ver. 6), the sound card is no longer listed
in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/audiolist

you need to paste this line in the Cirrus Logic section

1013:6006       cs4232          #CS4232 CrystalClear PCI Audio Interface

and if you are using the alsa mod, this line in audiolist-alsa

1013:6006       snd-cs4232          #CS4232 CrystalClear PCI Audio Interface

Hope this helps someone.

regards,
William

[K12OSN] can't get sound on Dell GX1's using K12LTSP v 5