[K12OSN] re: smbldap CreatingLDAPClients & smbldap slow login (PNakashima)

Paul VanGundy Paul.Vangundy at webex.com
Sat May 19 12:39:47 UTC 2007

Peter,

Is this happening to every user or a specific user? I apologize if you have already answered this but I am just now following this thread and didn't see the original email. The top and bottom panels are 'gnome-panel'. It's quite obvious they aren't running but one thing you can do is in a shell is type 'ps -ef | grep gnome-panel' without the '' and see if gnome-panel returns. You can also try to manually start gnome-panel by issueing the following command '/usr/bin/gnome-panel'. That is a assuming gnome-panel is in the same path in Ubuntu as it is in Fedora. If it's not, you can use 'whereis gnome-panel' to locate the file. If this is just one user it could be a corrupt profile as well.

/paul