[K12OSN] Client Ram

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu May 24 03:00:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 22:33 -0400, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:

> If the teachers insist on running Windows XP, then you're quite safe
> putting those bigger sticks of DRAM in the teachers' computers.  Of
> course, I have a better idea...tell 'em that if they go with this thin
> client solution, it'll speed up "their boxes" a whole lot!  :-)  You
> might get some takers.

After my team would finish up a total school install we noticed that
nearly all (and I mean 98+%) of the teachers were not using their brand
new laptops but used the kids Linux Thin Clients because they were
faster.

:)

The only thing the teachers were using the laptops for was the mandatory
winders SIS reporting tools.

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering