[K12OSN] Way OT: scripting help

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Thu May 24 18:13:57 UTC 2007

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> I'm still grateful, but that construct didn't work upon test.  The error msg
> is "Usage: find [path...] [expression]".  I tried putting the new code in
> various places in my original line, but no joy.  Any idea why I'm getting the
> error?

I added a backslash to escape the newline so it would wrap in my mail.
Can you try putting the whole thing on one line? I shorted some names to
make it fit here:

find $WORK -maxdepth 1 -mtime +$DAYS ! -name file -exec rm {} \;

And test with non-critical data, of course.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services