[K12OSN] sudden appearance of grey X

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Sat May 26 14:49:48 UTC 2007

Julius,

This is the point where I bring out the big guns.

     tcpdump -i eth0 port 177

Then, have someone turn on a thin client, and watch the traffic.

You should see the request from the client, and then a reply from the
server.  If the server is refusing to manage the client, then you should
see a message to that effect.

If you want me to take a look at the output, then do:

     tcpdump -i eth0 -s0 -w /tmp/tcpdump.out port 177

and email me the binary file as an attachment.

I'll be in and out most of today (saturday).

Jim.